Gangadharpur Mahavidyamandir was established in 1981, with a mission to provide excellence in education at the undergraduate level to the students of all communities and especially to the financially backward students in the rural area of the state. It is a government – aided cllege affiliated to the University of Calcutta. Since its inception it started as a Girl’s College with a single humanitarian stream. It has now bloomed into a co-education degree college catering to the educational needs of more than 1400 students in two main streams : Arts and Commerce. Many of our students have regularly secured first class marks in Honours stream and have ranked places in Calcutta University. There is every hope that further improvements in college life will come in near future.